Sunday 17 June 2012

Tidying and Organising



It's been a busy week here. There's been quite a bit of going out and enjoying ourselves for little F and me which is nice but I have to say I'm not the kind of person who likes to be out and about all the time. I like to have home time too. I like to be on top of things in the house and I do get a bit twitchy if things start to get neglected and disorganised.

 

We started on a big decorating project last weekend which is basically to paint every room in the house hopefully before November when our No. 2 is due! We did well. In four days we completed our bedroom and the Hall, Landing and Stairs. Much more than I thought we would manage. We do still have glossing to complete but it's looking really good so far. I'll share some pictures once I've prettified and got pictures up etc.

 

So as well as a general untidiness developing due to our gadding out and about, there was also a fair amount of post-painting disorganisation going on. By Friday a day in the house was very much needed and I felt the need for some serious tidying and organising. I think they say that the nesting urge is supposed to kick in in the last few weeks of pregnancy(I didn't experience it last time due to F being so premature) but for me it seems to have already kicked in. I'm feeling the need not only to tidy but to sort and organise.

 

I started out doing a bit of dusting and one thing led to another. Before I knew it I was re-arranging ornaments and I had all my books of my section of the bookcase and totally reorganised. It had become a bit of a dumping ground lately for all sorts of bits and bobs from paperwork to sewing to little F's toys. It was not a pretty sight!

 

But now I am very happy with how it is looking. It's nice to have all the books in a different order. I'm seeing them with a new eye and looking at things I haven't looked at for a while. The junk has been thrown or recycled. F's toys are where they should be and the paperwork is all neatly filed where it should be.


 

It's a good start. The next job is to start on putting pictures up in our room and the hall. I have three up in a group in the hall and it is already looking lovely. Then to make a curtain for the window on the stairs and a roman blind for the little hall window. It's a good job I have a reasonable amount of energy at the moment! Five more weeks until the summer hols then S will be off for six weeks and we can continue on with the painting marathon. The Kitchen is next on the list as the area of walls to be painted is pretty small so should be just a day job! Lets hope my energy levels last!

 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

There is nothing like a good clearout.I did the drawers in my bedside cupboard.Amazing what I found.Little keepsakes I had forgotten about plus loads of rubbish too.Now all is tidy .Gscstityreat!

busybusybeejay said...

There is nothing like a good clearout.I did the drawers in my bedside cupboard.Amazing what I found.Little keepsakes I had forgotten about plus loads of rubbish too.Now all is tidy .Gscstityreat!

...Nina Nixon... said...

I wish my shelves look so tidy - they are very inspiring.

Nina x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin